Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Exhausted

August 12th, 2008

I hate to complain about my job, because honestly what I do is awesome, but lately it's been destroying me. Staying up every night until 2am writing code and cutting out images is not how I wanted to spend my summer. It's already August and we haven't had a chance to do any of the fun stuff we planned, like camping, or spending the day at the lake with the dogs.

We did get to go to the Warped Tour this weekend, and that was a good time. The show wasn't as good as last year, but I always have fun hanging out with everyone. Knowing that I had ten pages of web edits, a brochure re-design, and all the promotional materials waiting for me at home kind of put a damper on the event though.

I feel like I've obligated myself into a corner by trying to be nice to everyone. Whenever someone says, "Can you do this? I know it's last minute and it's a ton of work," I just can't turn them down. It's true that I do some of my best work under pressure, but it makes me a really crappy person to be around. I like myself a lot better when I'm not stressed.

No comments: